Kuali Research and Kuali Financials contain the following integration points: Account Inquiry, Account Create, Budget Adjustment, CFDA Maintenance, Effort Certification and Contracts & Grants Billing.
- When a configuration property is turned on, the Award tab on the Account document will be populated with information from the Award in Research.
- Parameter FIN_SYSTEM_INTEGRATION_ON needs to be set to ON in Kuali Research in order to create an account in Kuali Financials.
- When an Award is final, an account can be created in Financials by entering an account number in the Create Account tab on the Award document and clicking the Create Account button. If the account number already exists, the user will be asked to change it.
- The Create Account tab will be updated with the document number generated in Financials and the account creation date.
- The Account ID field will be populated with the account number in the Details & Dates tab on the Award document.
- The Account Auto-Creation Defaults table in Financials maps Research Units to the additional fields necessary to create accounts using data from the Award document. This table needs to be populated before accounts can be created. Individual units or the parent units need to be set up.
- Parameters in Financials control the routing and the address that should be used when an Account is created from an Award.
- RESEARCH_ADMIN_AUTO_CREATE_ACCOUNT_WORKFLOW_ACTION: Possible values are save, submit, blanketApprove.
- KC_OVERRIDES_KFS_DEFAULT_IND: If this parameter is set to Y, then the CFDA number and address from the Award will be used and parameter RESEARCH_ADMIN_ACCOUNT_ADDRESS_TYPE will determine which address type from the Award to use. If the parameter is set to N, then the address from the Account Auto-Creation Defaults table will be used and the CFDA number will not come forward from the Award.
- When an Award Budget Document is Final, a Budget Adjustment can be created in Financials by clicking the Post button located on the Budget Actions tab.
- The account must be created from the award or the account must be linked to an award prior to creating the Budget Adjustment document.
- The Research Object Code table must be mapped to Financials Object Codes. Each line item entered on an Award budget must be associated with a Financials Object code.
- The Financial Object Code Mapping table in Research maps Financials Object Codes to to expenses like fringe, indirect cost, etc. Financials Object Codes must be mapped to the rate class and rate type combinations used in the award budget calculation. You can also map Financial Object Codes to units and activity type.
- Two Parameters control the routing and the Income Object code used when a Budget Adjustment is created from an Award Budget.
- RESEARCH_ADMIN_BA_DOCUMENT_ROUTE_ACTION: Possible values are save, submit, blanketApprove.
- RESEARCH_ADMIN_INCOME_OBJECT_CODE_BY_SPONSOR_TYPE: Maps an income object to the sponsor type. Research sends the expense line items to Financials. Financials calculates the income amount required to balance the Budget Adjustment. The income object code chosen is based on the sponsor type of the award.
- When Research and Financials are integrated, the CFDA functionality is maintained in Research.
- The cfdaBatchStep job in Research updates the CFDA table from cfda.org.
- The CFDA lookup on the Account in Financials points to the CFDA table in Research.
- When an Account is created from an Award, the CFDA number carries forward from the Award.
- When Research and Financials are integrated, Financials routes Effort Certification documents to the Principal Investigator associated with the Research Award.
- In the case of an award hierarchy, Effort Certifications are routed to the project director of the parent award node. If the accounts are not the same, then it is routed to the project director of the specific award node.
- Financials determines if the award is Federal or Federal Pass Through by looking at the Sponsor Type in Research.