Batch job electronicInvoiceExtractJob creates Payment Requests when an electronic invoice passes all the matching and validation criteria with a Purchase Order. If a discrepancy is found, an Electronic Invoice Reject (EIRT) document is created instead.
Electronic Invoice Reject Document
The Electronic Invoice Reject document contains two unique tabs: Comparison Data and Addresses.
The Comparison Data tab displays electronic invoice data, information from the corresponding purchase order, and a message indicating why the invoice was rejected.
The reason this electronic invoice failed the matching process. If the document was rejected for multiple reasons, when the AP processor has resolved the initial reject reason and attempts to approve, the system displays the next reject reason. The original reject reason is added to the Notes and Attachment tab. Subsequent reject reasons are not added.
Electronic Invoice Data
The values in this section came from the electronic invoice file for this Purchase Order.
- The Vendor Name populates based on the Vendor DUNS number. Duplicate invoice number will be validated, to override duplicate invoice number validation during processing, check the Accept Value box.
- Electronic Invoice Items: Line number, Quantity, Unit Price, Tax, Special Handling, Shipping and Discout can be edited. To accept the UOM Code and Catalog Number from the electronic invoice check the Accept Value boxes.
Purchase Order Data
This section displays the data from the Purchase Order to facilitate researching the differences between the Purchase Order and the electronic invoice.
This tab displays the Ship To and Bill To addresses from the electronic invoice file and the Delivery and Billing Addresses from the Purchase Order. This tab is informational only.
- The EIRT document is visible only to users in the Accounts Payable Processor role.
- The cxml attachment (electronic invoice) is added to the Payment Request as an attachment in the notes section.
- The Research button can be used to indicate that an EIRT is being researched. When this button is clicked, the EIRT cannot be submitted, however, it can be edited by anyone who has edit permission. Click the Complete Research button in order to submit the EIRT. Notes are added to the EIRT each time the Resarch or Complete Research button are clicked.
- The View Related Documents tab on the EIRT document displays the Electronic Invoice Reject documents associated with the purchase order. Other PURAP View Related Documents tabs do not show these documents.
The following notes and attachments are added to the Electronic Invoice Reject document.