This work was supported by direct funding from Cornell and by contributions from University California Irvine.
Milestone or Predetermined Billing Schedule Enhancements
- Awards with milestone and predetermined billing schedule billing frequencies support multiple accounts.
- Schedules can be created for each account. Invoices will be created for each schedule.
- The invoicing option defaults to Invoice by Schedule when the billing frequency is set to Milestone or Predetermined Billing Schedule on an Award
- Validation has been added to the Award to warn users if the Award Amount is less than the total of the associated milestone or predetermined billing schedules.
- Milestone and Predetermined Billing amounts cannot exceed the total award amount.
- The upcomingMilestoneNotification job has been modified to include the chart and account number associated with the milestone.
- The links to the milestone and predetermined billing schedules on the Award Inquiry were moved to the Invoicing tab and were changed to Lookups because there can be multiple schedules associated with the award.
- Milestone and Predetermined Billing Invoices will be created when the Actual Completion Date (Milestone) or Scheduled Bill Date (Predetermined Billing) is today or earlier.
- Predetermined Billing Schedule fields on the maintenance document, the Lookup and Inquiry and Invoice have been relabeled and are now preceded with "Scheduled".
- Milestone and Bill Numbers allow alphanumeric and special characters.
- Milestone and Bill Descriptions allow up to 150 alphanumeric and special characters.
- Milestone and predetermined billing schedules can be created via an Upload process.
- New permissions were created to allow authorized users to change the dates on milestones and predetermined billing schedules.
- Milestone Actual Completion dates must be today or earlier.
- The billing frequency on an award may be changed from milestone / predetermined-billing to cost reimbursable and vice versa, even if invoices have already been created for this award.
- When changing from a milestone or predetermined billing schedule, active schedules must be inactivated.
- The Total Previously Billed and Total Amount Billed To Date in the Contracts & Grants Invoices General tab includes all amounts invoiced regardless of current or prior billing frequencies.
- The Invoice Details tab of cost reimbursable Contracts & Grants Invoices reflect prior scheduled invoices (milestone and predetermined billing). This allows cost reimbursable invoices to take prior scheduled invoices into consideration so that the invoice total reflects the remaining expenses to be billed.
- If changing from one frequency to another would result in a negative invoice, the invoice will not be created and an error will be logged in the error log.
For more information on Milestone and Predetermined Billing Schedules, refer to the following articles:
Contracts & Grants Invoice and Aging Enhancements
- The Description on the Contracts & Grants Invoice was changed to provide information about the Award and is populated with Proposal Number, Fund Manager name and Contract Control Account number.
- A link to the Award Lookup was added to the Contracts & Grants Invoice.
- Dates on Contracts & Grants Invoices, both electronic and pdf, were changed to mm/dd/yyyy instead of yyyy-mm-dd.
- The invoice date was fixed to populate the invoice when the invoice status is PROCESSED or FINAL.
- A Sort Code was added to the Cost Category table to control the display of Cost Categories on Contracts & Grants Invoice document and pdf invoices.
- Contracts & Grants Aging Report was modified to exclude regular AR invoices.
Refer to the following article for more information on Contracts & Grants Invoices and Aging Report:
Contracts & Grants Invoice Errors and Suspension Enhancements
- The contractsGrantsInvoiceDocumentJob was modified to stop checking for errors if the Award is excluded from invoicing.
- A new suspension category was added to suspend invoices when today's date is earlier than the Awards Start Date.
- The size of the account column in the Contracts and Grants Invoice Errors table was increased to 2000 characters. When the number of accounts exceeds 2000 characters, the account field is truncated with …
- A new error message was added to the Contracts & Grants Invoice Errors log to indicate that a Contracts & Grants Invoice was not created for LOC Billing Frequencies.
- Suspended Invoice Detail Report was modified to exclude invoices in processed or final status.
- The Suspension Category Code field on the Suspended Invoice Detail Report to a drop down with all available codes to facilitate searching for Contract & Grant Invoices with suspense categories.
Refer to the following articles for more information on Invoice Errors and Suspension Categories:
Please sign in to leave a comment.