The Account Delegate, Account Delegate Global and Account Delegete From Model are used to create Fiscal Officer delegations. Fiscal officer delegates are users that are authorized to perform the same workflow actions on a document as the account's Fiscal Officer. Account delegation is restricted by account, document type and amount.
NOTE: When the Account Delegate and Global are final or processed, all documents affected by the delegation are requeued to pick up the change in delegation. The route logs will be updated with the timestamp when the requeue occurred.
There are a couple of ways to set up Fiscal Officer Delegation:
- One delegate / one account / doc type at a time using the Account Delegate document.
- Multiple delegates, accounts and doc types at a time using the Account Delegate Global document either by entering the values or by loading them from an Account Delegate Model.
Following is the Account Delegate document, most fields are self explanatory those needing explanation are described below.
- From Amount and To Amount: If both the From Amount and To Amount fields are blank, then the delegate is authorized to take action on the designated documents without any dollar limit.
- Account Delegate Primary Route: Sets the delegate as a Primary delegate. If this checkbox is not selected, then the delegate is set as a Secondary delegate. The system will automatically default to unchecked when creating a new delegate.
- Primary: Documents will route directly to a Primary Delegate's action list and do not appear in the Fiscal Officers action list. The Fiscal Officer can use a filter on their action list to view the documents routed to the Primary Delegate.
- Secondary: Documents continue to route to the Fiscal Officer's action list (or the Primary Delegate, if applicable) and the Secondary Delegate can use a filter on their action list to view and take action on these documents.
Account delegate documents route to the Fiscal Officerand optionally to Organization Review.
Account Delegate Global
The Account Delegate Global document is used to create delegates for multiple document types on one or more accounts on a single document. Unlike the other global documents, users can initiate the document by entering delegate information manually or by populating the document from a model (see the Account Delegate Model section for setup details). Using a model document is a convenient option because you can assign many delegates on the Account Delegate Global document and as new accounts are created, you may want to apply the same delegation that has been previously assigned.
Note: The Account Delegate Global document will overwrite all existing delegation for an account with the new updates. For example, if an account has an existing PREQ (Payment Request) delegate, and a Account Delegate Global document is submitted for that account with a delegate on TF (Transfer of Funds) and DV (Disbursement Voucher) documents but does not specify a delegate for PREQ, the existing PREQ delegation will be inactivated and only the new updates are active on the account.
The Account Delegate Global document requires the same information as the Account Delegate document but the delegate and account information are in separate sections. The New Account Delegate section is for the account delegate detail. Multiple delegations can be added.
The List of Accounts section is used to assign the accounts to the delegate. The Account Number lookup can be used to select one account at a time. If you want to return multiple accounts, then the Look Up / Add Multiple Account Lines can be used to do so.
- Parameter ACCOUNT_DELEGATES_LIMIT defines the total account delegates that can created on a single document and is calculated by multiplying the account delegates by the number of accounts.
- The Account Delegate Global document routes to the Chart Manager for the charts assigned to the accounts being modified and to the University Chart Manager.
Account Delegate Model
The Account Delegate Model document is used to create a model for the Account Global documents that defines a common delegation structure for a group of accounts. After the models are created, users can select them from the Account Delegate Global from Model menu option (details in next section).
The Edit Account Delegate Model tab is used to define the model, so that it can be used later to create a new delegations using the Account Delegate From Model document. The Chart and Organization will default based on the initiators primary department code.
The other tabs are described above.
The Account Delegate Global Model document routes optionally to Organization Review and then to Chart Manager based on the Chart assigned to the model and then to the University Chart Manager.
Account Delegate Global from Model
The Account Delegate Global from Model is used to populate the Account Delegate Global document. When you access the Account Delegate Global from Model, the Account Delegate Model lookup will open. Search for the desired model and click return value.
After the model has been selected, the Account Delegate Global form will open and the delegates will be populated based on the selected model. Add and remove delegations as necessary, use the Edit List of Accounts tab to add or select the accounts to which to apply the delegations.