The Agency document contains detailed identifying information pertaining to an agency.
When Contracts & Grants Billing is turned on the Agency document is used to:
- create Contracts & Grants Invoices by linking a customer number to the agency
- facilitate collection activities by linking a dunning campaign to the agency
Most fields on this tab are self explanatory. Those needing additional explanation are described below:
- Agency Number: Is system assigned, each time a new document is created, the number increments by one. The starting value can be specified in the Origination Code table.
- Agency Type Code: Is validated and new and existing values can be added, edited and inactivated using the Agency Type Code table.
- In State Indicator: Use to indicate if the agency is located in your institution's state. For reporting only.
- Indirect Amount: The maximum indirect cost amount or rate that this agency allows. For reporting only.
- Reports To Agency Number: Allows you to create a parent child relationship between agencies. For reporting only.
NOTE: The following tabs will only display on the Agency document if Contracts & Grants Billing is turned on.
- Use Existing Customer: enter or look up and return a valid AR Customer Number. Agency address is not required.
- Create New Customer: leave the Customer Number blank, select a Customer Type. Agency address is required. Once the document is final, a Customer record will be created. Additional fields must be completed on the Customer, see CGB - Set Up Check List
- No Customer: leave Customer Number and Customer Type blank.
Contracts & Grants
The fields in this tab are for reporting only and do not drive any system functionality.
- CAGE Number: Commercial And Government Entity
- DODAC Number: Department of Defense Activity Address Code
- DUN and Bradstreet Number and DUNS Plus Four Number: DUNS numbers
Use this tab to enter one or more addresses for the Agency. Only one address may be designated as the primary address.
- At least one address is required if Create New Customer is selected. The primary address will be used to create the AR Customer.
- Updates are not made from the Agency document. If an Agency’s address changes, you will need to update the AR Customer.
- If Country is United States, then State and Postal Code are required, otherwise, International Province and International Postal Code are required.
State Agency: Check this box to indicate that the Agency is a state agency. This field is used in conjunction with the DUNNING_LETTERS…PAST_DUE parameters to determine how many days past due a Final Dunning letter will be generated. Different values can be established for State Agencies.
Dunning Campaign: The Dunning Campaign that will be associated with this Agency. Refer to Contracts & Grants Invoice Collections for more information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.