The Equipment Loan/Return document can be accessed from Asset Lookup and Asset Payment Lookup
- Only active, tagged assets can be loaned.
- Pending asset transfers (AT), asset retirement (AR) and equipment loan/return (ELR) document will prevent the asset from being loaned or returned.
- The Asset's Last Inventory Date is updated to the date the ELR is approved.
When loan is selected, all fields in the Equipment Loans tab are editable.
- Borrower ID: Enter or lookup the principal name (user id) of the borrower. The document will route to this person for approval.
- Loan Date: The date the equipment was loaned to the borrower. The asset's Last Inventory Date will be updated with this date when the document is approved.
- Expected Return Date: The date the equipment is expected to be returned.
- The expected return date cannot be more than two years from the loan date.
- The expected return date cannot be earlier than the loan date.
- Borrower's Address tab: Enter the Borrower's address and if the equipment will be stored somewhere other than the borrower's address, add that as well. The Borrower's address tab is editable regardless of the selected action.
Once an asset is loaned out, the loan link on the Asset and Asset Payment lookup can no longer be selected. The renew and return links are available.
When renew is selected, the Expected Return Date is editable and can be completed.
When return is selected the Loan Return Date is editable, it will default to today. Change if necessary.
The document routes to the borrower and the fiscal officer and optionally to Organization Review.