To amend a PO, use Document Search to find the most recent version. Open the PO and click the Amend button.
When you amend a PO, the system creates a PO Amend (POA) document based on the existing PO. You must enter a reason when initiating the amendment. When the amendment is submitted, the fiscal officer receives an FYI. This is his or her notification that the order has changed. The reason for the amendment is added to the Notes & Attachments tab of all versions of the PO. Previous actions on the PO may limit what you are permitted to change on this document. Generally, you may make changes to the Items, Accounts, Delivery, and Vendor tabs.
The document layout of the POA document is identical to that of the original Purchase Order, with the addition of a notation regarding status in the Document Header, such as Warning: There is a pending action on this Purchase Order.
- POA may be initiated only by the members of the Purchasing Processor role.
- PO must be in an Open status.
- If there are payment requests (PREQs) or vendor credit memos (CMs) in process, the Amend button is not displayed.
- The system adds a note with the date the amendment was started, the person who started the amendment, the information entered on the confirm page, and the previous document number.
- If payment requests (PREQs) or credit memos (CMs) have been processed, the Receiving Required field cannot be changed.
- The fiscal year cannot be changed
- The contract manager cannot be changed.
- If the PO has gone through the quote process, the vendor cannot be changed
- The item type cannot be changed (from QTY to NON QTY or NON QTY to QTY)
- If there are unpaid payment requests (PREQs) or credit memos (CMs), the existing line items cannot be changed.
- If the item invoiced amount is greater than 0, the line item cannot be deleted; it can only be deactivated.
- If a payment has been applied to the line, the accounting line cannot be changed. The line must be inactivated and a new line added with the new account.
- New line items can always be added.
- If modifying an existing line item. the amount cannot go below what has already been invoiced.
- CAMS data can always be changed.
- If the CAMS system type is changed, this note is added: The capital asset system type of <old system type> was changed during the PO amendment.
- Inactive items are display-only (including CAMS data).
- There must be at least one active line item when the Submit button is selected.
- Fiscal officers receive an FYI when the amendment is completed.
- During the amend process, the original PO document (before the Amend button was selected) will have a document status of pending amendment and the newly created document will have a status of change in process. After the amendment has been submitted, the original document status changes to retired version and the amendment’s status changes to open.
- Users are not allowed to create Receiving documents, payment requests, or credit memos against a PO that has a pending amendment.
- The document becomes FINAL when the POA document is submitted.
- The REQS initiator and the fiscal officer (s) receives an FYI.