If a PO has been fully approved and transmitted to the vendor and no payments have been processed, the Purchase Order can be voided, which cancels and disencumbers the Purchase Order.
To void a Purchase Order, use Document Search to find the most recent version. Open the PO and click the Void PO button.
When a PO is voided:
- A Purchase Order Void (POV) document is created.
- The reason entered when voiding the Purchase Order is added to the notes and attachments tab of all documents associated with this Purchase Order.
- General Ledger Pending Entries are created to disencumber the Purchase Order
- The document becomes FINAL when the POV document is submitted.
- The REQS initiator and the fiscal officer (s) receives an FYI.