The Purchase Order Split (POSP) document allows you to divide line items into two different POs. When you split a PO, the original PO remains and an additional PO is created.
The Split this PO button displays when:
- The Purchase Orders application document status is In Process.
- There must be more than one line item on the Purchase Order.
- It's the original PO, POs created from a split, cannot be split a second time.
After entering the reason why the Purchase Order is being split, the following screen will display.
- Copy Notes to New Purchase Order: Displays if notes exist on the Purchase Order.
- Warning: Additional Charges Exist: Displays if additional charges exist on the Purchase Order. Additional line item types and extended cost for each are listed.
- Splitting Item Section: Click the Move to Split? check box to select the line items that should move to the new Purchase Order. Line items that are not checked will stay with the original Purchase Order.
After the desired line items are selected, click Continue.
- The newly created Purchase Order will open. The selected line items are removed from the original Purchase Order.
- The reason entered when splitting the Purchase Order is added to the notes and attachments tab of all documents associated with this Purchase Order.
- The POSP document may be initiated only by the members of the Purchasing Processor role.
- POSP follow the same routing as a regular Purchase Order.