The Person document allows you to identify a user's relationship with the institution as well as the roles and groups to which this person belongs in order to use Kuali Financials.
Person and Human Resources Identity System
Many institutions choose to populate parts of the Person document (especially affiliations and contact information) with data from an HR system. Therefore, editing entity data (such as entity ID, principal name, principal ID, password and Tax ID Number), contact and affiliation data is not available for any role in the default role configuration. If you wish to allow users to edit this data via the interface you will need to assign the Modify Entity permission to the appropriate role.
The Overview tab identifies the person as a unique combination of entity and principal ID. It also contains information about how this person is affiliated with your institution. Two types of affiliations—staff and faculty—require the Employment Information tab be completed to further define a person's relationship with your institution.
Most fields are self explanatory those needing additional information are described below:
- Entity Id: The unique ID number identifying this person in your database. The base Kuali Financials implementation assumes that each user will have only one entity ID and one principal ID. The system completes this entry automatically when you save or submit the document.
Principal Id: The unique ID number identifying this principal. Whereas Entity ID represents a unique person, principal represents a set of login information for that person. When selecting a person, you ordinarily reference his or her principal ID. The system completes this entry automatically when you save or submit the document.
- Principal Name: The user name by which this principal is to be identified. This is typically the id used to log into other institutional systems. When searching for or working with users you will usually reference the principal name.
Affiliation Type: Select the type of affiliation from the list. Options include:
Affiliate: An affiliation for users in your system that are neither employees nor students.
Faculty: A faculty employee.
Staff: A non-faculty employee.
Student: A non-employee identified as a student of your institution.Affiliation types of Faculty and Staff require additional information (see below).
When Affiliation Type is Faculty or Staff the Employment Information fields are required.
- Employee Id: The ID number identifying this principal in your HR system.
- Employee Status: Identifyies the current status of this faculty or staff affiliation. Options include:
- On Non-Pay Leave
- Status Not Yet Processed
- Employee Type: Indicates the type of employment for this affiliation. Options include:
- Base Salary Amount: This field does not drive any functionality and can be set to 0.00.
- Primary Department Code: The chart code - organization code for the department associated with this faculty or staff affiliation.The KFS-SYS User role parses this field to determine the default chart and organization for a user.
The Contact tab records the name, address, phone number and email address associated with this Person record.
The Contact Name is required, the other fields are optional. The initiator's phone and email will prefill into the Disbursement Voucher. Addresses marked as Other or Home will be masked to unauthorized users.
The Membership Tab allows you to associate a person with groups and roles and assign delegations. The person can also be assigned directly to a role, group or delegation.