The Tax Region document defines tax regions within tax types, normally mandated by state law, for use within various system transactions. The Tax Region is used by Accounts Receivable and Purchasing / Accounts Payable modules to assess sales and use tax.
Tax Regions Tab
- Tax Region Code: An identifying code.
- Tax Region Name: A description name.
- Tax Region Type: The type of tax, State, City, County. New values require coding, existing values can be edited using the Tax Region Type lookup and maintenance document. The value selected will add an appropriate tab to the document for completion.
- Liability Chart Code, Account Number and Object Code: The chart, account and object code to which tax liability transactions will post.
- Tax Region Use Tax Indicator: Indicates if use tax applies to this tax region.
Tax Region Rates Tab
Identifies the effective date and tax rate, multiple rates and dates can be added.
Tax Region Counties
Displays when the Tax Region Type selected is County. Identify the County, State and Country to which this rate should be applied.
Tax Region Postal Codes
Displays when the Tax Region Type selected is Postal Codes. Identify the Postal Code and Country to which this rate should be applied.
Tax Region States
Displays when the Tax Region Type selected is State. Identify the State and Country to which this rate should be applied.