The fiscalYearMaker batch job copies table values that are specific to a fiscal year into another fiscal year. This job is unscheduled and is usually run prior to allowing Requisitions to be created in the upcoming fiscal year.
It can be run several times afterwards in order to update next year's tables with data created in the current fiscal year.
Two parameters are used to control the Fiscal Year Maker process:
- KFS-SYS SOURCE_FISCAL_YEAR controls the fiscal year for which the Fiscal Year Maker batch process will copy certain maintenance table data to the next sequential year.
- KFS-SYS OVERRIDE_TARGET_YEAR_DATA_IND has a Y or N indicator that controls the mode in which the Fiscal Year Makers batch process runs.
- N copies values to the new fiscal year without overwriting any values that already exist in the new year.
- Y copies values to the new fiscal year and overwrites any values that already exist in the new year, excluding the University Date table. The University Date Table is not overwritten.
Fiscal Year Maker updates the following maintenance tables
Accounts Receivable tables:
- Contracts & Grants Invoice Object Code
- Organization Accounting Default
- System Information
Capital Assets tables:
- Asset Object Code
Chart of Accounts tables:
- Accounting Period
- Indirect Cost Recovery Rate
- Indirect Cost Recovery Rate Detail
- Object Code
- Offset Definition
- Organization Reversion
- Sub-Object Code
Effort Certification tables:
- Report Definition
- Report Earn Paygroup
- Report Position
Financial Processing tables:
- Disbursement Voucher Travel Per Diem
Labor Distribution tables:
- Labor Benefits Calculation
- Labor Object Code
- Labor Object Code Benefits
- System Options
- University Date
- Wire Charge