These jobs update values in the MODULE_LOCKED_IND parameters for all modules at one time to lock (Y) and unlock (N) modules from processing. When the modules are locked:
- documents cannot be initiated or approved
- lookups cannot be cannot be accessed
- batch steps continue to run and document post-processing can occur
- users assigned to roles with permission Access Locked Module can access the system when it is locked
- unauthorized users will see the message specified in the MODULE_LOCKED_MESSAGE parameter.
These jobs might be run when the system needs to be taken down for batch processing.