We are pleased to welcome the Payment Application Adjustment (APPA) as the newest member of the Kuali Financials document family. It is the first document to leverage our new technology framework and will look and act a little bit differently. We are very excited about the future of our documents.
Things to know...
- Work with your support team to ingest the APPA document type xml. It takes about 20 minutes for the document to be available.
- Create an Offset Definition for the APPA - the offset is cash.
- The APPA does not yet support Non-AR lines. If an APP has non-AR, the control total on the APPA will include only the applied and unapplied amounts. We will be releasing support for Non-AR at a later date.
- Permission to create a Payment Application without a Cash Control should be removed. To apply unapplied payments, adjust the Payment Application where the unapplied payment was made.
- New permission to create Payment Application Adjustment (APPA) is not needed as the new document inherits initiate permission from Payment Application (APP). Unless you would like to restrict access to different users.
- The Billing Statement pdfs do not yet include APPAs, we are evaluating their use and will determine if these statements should be retained or removed.
Authorized users will see an Adjust button on the Payment Application, if the Payment Application has not been previously adjusted and when the associated Cash Control and the other Pay Apps on the associated Cash Control are final or processed.
Clicking the Adjust button will open a Payment Application Adjustment document. The header includes an "Adjusts Doc:" with a link to the APP or APPA being adjusted. The adjusted document will also have an "Adjusted By" link to the adjusting APPA. If the APPA is cancelled or disapproved, the Adjusted By link is removed.
Invoices can be deleted, or adjusted to a different amount, the Applied to Invoice amount cannot exceed the available open amount on the invoice. You can enter or lookup invoices from any available customer. Only invoices with open amounts can be added to the APPA. If an invoice is deleted, the Invoice Open Amount will be updated appropriately. The invoice date remains the same.
Start typing an invoice number and matching invoices will display.
If an unapplied amount is being applied in full, you can delete it or reduce it to zero or change it as appropriate. Multiple customers can be added, as necessary.
Similar to searching for an invoice, start typing or lookup a customer number. The search supports searching by customer number, searching by customer name may come at a later date.
The Totals section keeps track of what has been applied. The Open Amount must be zero in order to submit the document. The totals automatically update as amounts are changed on the document. The Control Total represents the Applied and Unapplied amounts from the adjusted APP or APPA, non-AR lines are excluded.
General Ledger Pending Entries
This section will make you drool and is, I think, the most exciting thing to happen to Kuali Financials in a long time. The new GLPE tab displays all the fields that display on the General Ledger Entry lookup. From this tab you can:
- Hide Columns
- Save as CSV
- View Larger
Hiding Columns - select the columns you want to hide and unhide. Unfortunately the hidden columns will come back next time you open the document. We expect that at some point your hidden columns will follow you from doc to doc.
View Larger - Opens the GLPEs in the full browser with the option to go back or View in Page.
Notes & Attachments
As you start typing or you add an attachment the Add button becomes active. Finally - we no longer need to add a note when we add an attachment!
Ad Hoc Recipients
Similar to the current Ad Hoc Recipients, you can add a person or a group.
Once you make your selection, the recipient is added and you can select the appropriate requested action.
Route Log (and Super User tab)
Following is the new Route Log.
Actions Taken and Pending allow you to choose which columns you want to see and/or view the route log on the whole page. Future Actions tab will not be available on the Route Log at this time. There is no default routing for APPA and Ad Hoc requests do not appear in Future Actions, so we decided not to include it for now.
The Super User tab has been combined with the Route Log. Following is what a user with super user permissions would see.
Check the boxes next to the actions you want to take and click Take Selected Actions - or click Approve Document or Disapprove Document.
You will be prompted to enter an Annotation for the super user action.