The openCloseFiscalPeriodJob will automatically open and close fiscal periods when the Open Date and Close Date fields are populated on the Accounting Period table.
- Each year after Fiscal Period Maker runs, users will confirm the dates in the Accounting Period table are correct and make adjustments as needed. Checking for dates that might fall on a day that batch might not run or if the year includes leap day.
- If a date is left empty, the job will not automatically open or close that Accounting Period.
- Users can continue to use the Accounting Period maintenance document to update the active status manually as needed.
- Accounting Period table (SH_ACCT_PERIOD_T) was changed:
- Added new fields: Open Date and Close Date
- Fields are not required
- Close Date must be greater than or equal to End Date
- Fiscal Year Maker has been updated to include Open Date and Close Date when Accounting Period data is copied and will increase the year by one
- New batch job:
- Namespace: KFS-COA Chart of Accounts
- Name: openCloseFiscalPeriodJob
- Schedule: nightly with a soft dependency on posterJob
- Open - if the current date is greater than or equal to the Open Date of Fiscal Period in the Accounting Period table, open that period by setting active to Y.
- Close - if the current date is greater than or equal to the Close Date of Fiscal Period in the Accounting Period table, close that period by setting active to N.
- A log is created in the reports/coa directory noting the changes that were made.