The Customer document identifies individual customers and provides their tax information, contact name, and address information.
- Customer Number will be generated by the system and is the first three letters of the customer name and the next sequential number. The starting number can be set in the Origination Code table for Origination Code 01.
- The Customer Type groups similar customers together. When the Require Method of Invoice Transmission is checked on the Customer Type, the Method of Invoice Transmission field is required. Use the Customer Type document to add, edit or inactivate Customer Types.
- The Invoice Template field displays only when Contracts & Grants Billing is turned on. Invoice Templates can be associated at the Customer level or for each individual address. Invoice Templates can also be restricted by chart and org. Refer to the CGB Invoice Templates article for more information. A default value can be specified with parameter INVOICE_TEMPLATE.
The Corporate Information is an optional tab to add tax and credit information about the customer
- Once the customer is created, the Tax Number will be masked to unauthorized users. Users with permissions Full Unmask Field Customer customerTaxNbr and Modify Maintenance Document Field Customer customerTaxNbr will be able to view and edit the tax number.
- Checking the Tax Exempt Indicator will prevent sales tax from being assessed.
- The Credit Approved and Credit Limit Amount fields are informational only and do not drive additional functionality in the system.
The Contact Information tab is an optional tab to collect contact information about the customer. This tab does not drive any functionality in the system.
The Addresses tab is used to add addresses for the customer.
Select the Address Type for this address. At least one Primary Address must be added. Additional alternate and temporary addresses can be added. Use the Customer Address Type document to add, edit or inactivate Address Types.
The following fields will display only when Contracts & Grants Billing is turned on.
- Invoice Templates can be associated to individual addresses. Refer to the CGB Invoice Templates article for more information.
- Method of Invoice Transmission identifies how invoices should be sent. This field is required when the Require Method of Invoice Transmission flag is checked on the Customer Type. Delivered values are email and mail. Additional methods can be added and used. Additional methods will be ignored by the Transmit Contracts & Grants Invoices process. Refer to the Transmit Contracts & Grants Invoices article for additional information. If email is selected, then at least one email address is required. Multiple emails can be added to an address, after the address has been added.
- Copies to Print and Envelopes to Print are used when the Method of Invoice Transmission is mail.
After you add an Address, you will be able to add Email addresses for this particular address. If this address is used to create a Contracts & Grants Invoice, these email addresses will display in the Transmit Contracts & Grants Invoices tab.
The Collections tab will display only when Contracts & Grants Billing is turned on.
- Checking Stop Work will cause CGB Invoices to suspend and route to the Fund Manager. If Stop Work is checked, Stop Work Reason is required.