We are excited to announce that Kuali Enterprise Workflow (KEW) has been moved into Kuali Financials. This was the final step in moving us away from unsupported Rice.
What this means
All documents related to Rice are accessible from the Financials dashboard. This includes...
- Routing & Identity Management Document Type Hierarchy has been renamed Document Type Hierarchy
- Document Operations
- Document Type
- Action List
- Document Search
- XML Ingester
The Route Log aka View link has been added back to Doc Search and Action List.
Items to be aware of:
Users will need to Refresh Navigation in order to
- Clear their browser cache of URLs with "kr" - if this is not done, you will get an Our Apologies error
- Update their Action Lists
The Refresh Navigation link is on the left hand side menu, under your user name.
Action List Email Notification Parameters
The following parameters will need to be updated:
- SEND_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION_IND = Y
FROM_ADDRESS = to the address you want email notifications to come from.
If a link is not working from Favorites, remove the link and refavorite it.
Fixed in the 2/4/2021 Release
- Notes and attachments were duplicated on disapproved Requisitions and Purchase Orders
Fixed in the 2/18/2021 Release
- Parameter documents created prior to the KEW migration were not opening properly
Fixed in the 2/26/2021 Release
- Documents route status was not being changed with Document Operations
Fixed in the 3/11/2021 Release
- There was an issue with routing documents to groups
- KIM triggers (which could interfere with running KEW liquibase) were dropped
Fixed in the 4/01/2021 Release
- The daily/weekly email reminder jobs that came over from Rice with the KEW work required Quartz and would not work with a different batch scheduler. Since we already have unscheduled versions of these jobs in Financials: dailyEmailJob and weeklyEmailJob we eliminated the ones that came from Rice. One thing to note is that there were properties that could be used to schedule these (formerly Rice/KEW versions of the dailyEmail.cronExpression and weeklyEmail.cronExpression jobs) and these properties have been removed because they did not have set values by default. Partners who wish to schedule these jobs would need to do so with a trigger for quartz or via their own batch scheduler.
Fixed in the 4/08/2021 Release
- The Stuck Documents batch jobs required Quartz and would not work with a different batch scheduler. We moved the Stuck Documents jobs to scheduled / unscheduled jobs and updated / removed the Stuck Documents parameters.
For testing suggestions, see Workflow Testing.
For technical details, see Technical Guide for the Kuali Enterprise Workflow (KEW) move to Financials.