Prior to the implementation of this functionality, the Disbursement Voucher (DV) supported the following payment methods:
- Check / ACH
- Foreign Draft
The Payment Request (PREQ) and Credit Memo (CM) only supported Check / ACH.
To support adding additional payment methods to the Payment Request the following changes were made:
A new Payment Methods table was added to specify:
- if the payment method should display on the DV, PREQ and/or CM
- the default bank by payment method
- if the Wire and Foreign Draft tab must be completed
- Wire and foreign draft payments are extracted into PreDisbursment Processor (PDP) immediately similar to immediate DV Check/ACH payments.
- External Payment method was added to DV and PREQ
- Default Payment method was added to vendor
- PREQs marked immediate are extracted into PDP upon approval, similar to the DV
- Batch job purchasingPreDisbursementImmediatesExtractJob was removed
The implementation of this functionality has been divided into the following phases - all phases are now complete:
Phase 1 - Replicate existing functionality - Released 9/21/2022
Create a maintenance table for Payment Methods to:
- set a default bank by payment method
- specify for which documents the payment method will display
- indicate if the Foreign Draft / Wire tabs are required
Change how Bank Codes default on the documents
- If a default bank is specified in the Payment Methods table, use that bank as the default, if no default specified, use the default specified in parameter DEFAULT_BANK_BY_DOCUMENT_TYPE.
Modify the Disbursement Voucher to use the new table for the Payment Method drop down and business rules, supporting current options:
- P - Check/ACH
- F - Foreign Draft
- W - Wire Transfer.
- Update the Bank on the document when a different Payment Method is selected.
- Add a drop down to Payment Request (PREQ) and Vendor Credit Memo (CM), supporting only Check/ACH. Update the Bank on the document when the document is created.
Phase 2 - Send DV Wire and Foreign Draft payments to PDP - Released 11/2/2022
Foreign Draft and Wire Disbursement Vouchers are extracted into PDP when the Disbursement Voucher is final.
- Payment Status Code is set to EXTR (Extracted)
- Disbursement Number is the DV Document Number
- Disbursement Date is the date the DV is extracted into PDP
- Wire and Foreign Drafts can be Canceled, when Canceled Payment Status Code is set to CDIS (Cancelled Disbursement)
The following changes were made to Search for Payment:
- Wire and Foreign Draft added to Disbursement Type Code
- Disbursement Bank Code search field added
Phase 3 - Add Wire Transfer to Payment Request - released 3/29/2023
- Modify data in Payment Methods to support Wire Transfer on PREQ. We are not planning on adding additional payment methods to Credit Memo at this time.
- Modify PREQ to support Wire Transfer process by making Payment Method editable and update bank when payment method is selected. Additionally, add the Wire Transfer tab and modify GLPE creation appropriately. Payments will be sent to PDP, but excluded from Check and ACH files.
- As part of this release, Check/ACH PREQs marked immediate are extracted in to PDP.
Phase 4 - Add External payment method to Disbursement Voucher - released 01/25/23
- Modify data in Payment Methods to support External on DV.
- Modify DV to support External payment process by modifying GLPE creation appropriately. Payments will be sent to PDP, but excluded from Check and ACH files.
Phase 5 - Add External payment method to Payment Request - released 4/5/2023
- Modify data in Payment Methods to support External on PREQ. We will not be adding External Payment to Credit Memo at this time.
- Modify PREQ to support External payment process by modifying GLPE creation appropriately. Payments will be sent to PDP, but excluded from Check and ACH files.
Phase 6 - Allow default Payment Method to be selected on Vendors - released 4/19/2023
- Add “Display on Vendor” to Payment Methods.
- Add Payment Method drop down to Vendor documents.
- Modify DV to update the payment method based on default value on the selected vendor.
- Modify PREQ and CM to update the payment method based on default value on the selected vendor.
- Remove batch job purchasingPreDisbursementImmediatesExtractJob.