We are excited to announce that Kuali Identity Management (KIM) has been moved into Kuali Financials. This was the next step in moving us away from unsupported Rice. The next step will be to move KEW (Workflow) to Financials.
What this means
All documents related to KIM are accessible from the Financials dashboard. This includes Person, Role, Responsibility, Permission and all supporting tables such as Address Type, Name Type, etc.
The KIM tables are still accessible from both places, however, changes should now be made in Financials. Two new permissions were created and assigned to the Operations role - Initiate IDMM and Initiate IDMT. Database triggers will update the Rice tables when changes are made in the Financials table to keep rice in sync until KEW (workflow) is moved to Financials. The rice perms have been unassigned.
As part of this change we were also able to update the Route Log to look like the rest of the Financials documents.
Until we get Workflow into Financials, we have removed the Route Log icon and the lookup on Doc Search Initiator field from Doc Search and Action List. They will be returned once we move Workflow into Financials.
Fixed in the 3/3/2020 Release
- Doing a blanket search or using wildcards on Organization returns an error. This is due to resolving the Organization Manager. Searching using criteria returns results as expected.
- Drilling into a person record from a Security Model (accessible when Access Security is enabled) returns our apologies. This was also an issue prior to KIM, a blank person record is rendered.
- Cash Receipts and Cash Management documents could not be submitted or opened.
Fixed in the 3/7/2020 Release
- Docs that render person fields, such as Project Codes and Organization Codes, cannot be edited or created.
Fixed in the 3/14/2020 Release
- The Person lookup is missing from the Employee ID field on the Labor Ledger View and Ledger Balance Lookup for the Salary Expense Transfer.
Fixed in the 4/2/2020 Release
- The KIM supporting maintenance documents are not linked in the menu, they are findable via Jump To.
To be evaluated after KEW is released
- If a permission or responsibility are unassigned, searching by wildcard in the name returns Granted to Roles with ...
- The Log Action Message tab is missing from the Route Log. We removed this when we brought the route log into Financials. We will evaluate the necessity of bringing it back.