The laborScrubberJob processes pending entries generated by Labor Distribution documents such as Benefit Expense Transfer (BT), Salary Transfer (ST), and Labor Journal Voucher (LLJV) and combines them with entries from external systems, such as Payroll. The laborScrubberJob performs the following functions:
- Data Validation
- Accounts not Accepting Fringe
- Non-wage Subfund
- Suspense Account
- Continuation Account
When ACCOUNTS_CAN_CROSS_CHARTS_IND is set to N, the labor scrubber includes a pre-scrubber step that is used to complete the Chart Code for entries that do not contain them.
Non-numeric amounts, Debit / Credit code not equal to D or C when the balance type is not budget and invalid or missing values from the accounting string will cause the transaction to demerge, with the following exceptions.
- If the Fiscal Year is blank, the current fiscal year will be assigned.
- If the Sub-Account, Sub-Object, or Project Code are blank, they will be set to dashes.
- If the Balance Type field is blank, it will be set to AC (actual).
- If the Object Type field is blank, it will be set to the object type of the object code.
- If the Fiscal Period field is blank, the current accounting period will be assigned
- If the Transaction Date field is blank, set it to the run date.
- If the balance type is an encumbrance balance type and the object type is not a fund balance object type, the encumbrance update code must be D (update open amount), R (update closed amount), or N (None). In all other cases, the encumbrance update code must be blank.
- If the encumbrance update code is R or D, the reference origin code, reference document type and reference document number must not be blank.
Accounts Not Accepting Fringe
- If the BENEFITS_ACCOUNT_IND is set to Y and the origination code is not listed in the ORIGINATION_CODES (component: LaborScrubberBenefitsAccount) parameter, then the account number should be changed to the fringe account or if a fringe account is not supplied, use the accounting string specified in the SUSPENSE parameters.
- If the BENEFITS_ACCOUNT_IND is set to N or; BENEFITS_ACCOUNT_IND is set to Y and the origination code is listed in parameter ORIGINATION_CODES (component: LaborScrubberBenefitsAccount), the scrubber will use the account supplied on transaction.
Non-Wage Sub Fund
- If the WAGE_EXCLUSION_IND is set to Y and the origination code is not listed in the ORIGINATION_CODES_EXCLUDE (component: LaborScrubberWageExclusion) parameter, use the accounting string specified in the SUSPENSE parameters.
- If the WAGE_EXCLUSION_IND is set to N or is set to Y and the origination code is listed in the ORIGINATION_CODES_EXCLUDE (component: LaborScrubberWageExclusion) parameter, the scrubber will proceed with account supplied on transaction.
- If parameter SUSPENSE_ACCOUNT_IND is set to Y, the Labor Ledger Scrubber will attempt to post to the accounting string specified in the SUSPENSE parameters when no other valid account can be found. If N, and no other valid account can be found, the Labor Ledger Scrubber will reject the transaction.
When parameter CONTINUATION_ACCOUNT_LOGIC_IND = Y and the account is expired or closed, the labor scrubber will determine if a continuation account should be used on the transaction. The following parameters can be used to exclude transactions from having the expired or closed account replaced with a continuation account:
- CONTINUATION_ACCOUNT_BYPASS_DOCUMENT_TYPES: Specifies which document types are allowed to post to expired accounts if the initiator indicates that the transaction should post to the expired account.
- CONTINUATION_ACCOUNT_BYPASS_ORIGINATIONS: Specifies origination codes that can post to expired accounts.
- CG_ACCOUNT_EXPIRATION_EXTENSION_DAYS: If the document type or origination code is included in the above parameters the Contracts & Grants expiration date can be extended by the number of days specified in this parameter.
Ten attempts are made to find a valid continuation account before demerging the transaction and reporting an error on the laborScrubber report. If a substitution is made, AUTO FR and the original account number is added to the transaction description for tracking purposes.
All of the accounting entries for each document number with a reported error are placed into the ld_scrberr2 file and will not post to the Labor Ledger preventing unbalanced transactions from posting. The Demerger will only demerge entries for document types contained in parameter DOCUMENT_TYPES (component: LaborDemergerStep). We recommend setting this parameter to ST;BT;YEST;YEBT, document types created in the system. This differs from the General Ledger Demerger where entries are pulled regardless of document type.
Labor Scrubber Files
The laborScrubberJob creates several files and places them in the staging/ld/originEntry directory. The files include a date and time stamp in their names, suffixed with .data.
|ld_expaccts||Expired and closed accounts identified during data validation by the laborScrubberJob.|
|ld_ldbackup||Backup of all files from the Origin Entry directory that will be processed by the laborScrubberJob. For example: Labor Enterprise Feed, LLCP and labor documents (ST, BT, etc.).|
|ld_prescrub||File created during the pre-scrubber process.|
|ld_scrberr1||Error transactions identified by the laborScrubberJob, prior to the Demerger process.|
|ld_scrberr2||Error transactions identified by the laborScrubberJob plus valid transactions for the same document type, origin code, and document number pulled by the Demerger. These entries are not passed on to the laborPosterJob. This is the file that should be used by the Labor Ledger Correction Process document to correct errors.|
|ld_scrbout1||Valid entries identified by the laborScrubberJob prior to the Demerger process.|
|ld_scrbout2||Valid entries after the Demerger process pulled entries for any documents with errors.|
|ld_sorterr1||Sorted scrberr2 file.|
|ld_sortpost||Sorted scrbout2 file. This file will be processed by the laborPosterJob.|
|ld_sortscrb||Sorted backup data used for validation in the laborScrubberJob.|
Labor Scrubber Output Summary
When the laborScrubberJob is complete, a summary report is created and placed in the reports/ld directory with information on each process.
|Labor Pre-Scrubber Report||Identifies accounts with blank chart of accounts code.|
|Labor Scrubber Report||Summary total number of records scrubbed. Errors detected by the scrubber are also listed in detail.|
|Labor Demerger Report||Total number of valid and invalid transactions bypassed.|
|Labor Scrubber Input Transactions with Blank Balance Types||Detailed listing of transactions with bad or blank balance types. The scrubber replaces these with a balance type of AC.|
|Labor Error Listing - Transactions Removed From the Scrubber||Detailed listing of transactions removed by the laborScrubberJob including transactions pulled by the Demerger process. Also includes subtotals for error entries.|
|Labor Ledger Report||Summary listing of transactions scrubbed, including labor ledger pending entries and external batch feed files by balance type, origin code, fiscal year and period.|