The laborEncumbranceAdjustmentJob generates salary encumbrance transactions based on the salary information provided by the institutions payroll system. Encumbrance entries are calculated by comparing the current internal encumbrance stored in the labor ledger against the full encumbrance amount being sent by the institutions payroll at the employee and position level.
Refer to Labor Parameters for parameters used by the laborEncumbranceAdjustmentJob.
Refer to Labor Reports and Files for reports and files created by the laborEncumbranceAdjustmentJob.
The encumbrance input file is dropped into the staging/ld/encumbranceAdjustment directory. Refer to Labor Ledger Flat File Format for details on the file layout.
- If the file is dropped into the staging/ld/encumbranceAdjustment directory using a file transfer process:
- The file name must start with ENCUMBRANCE_DATA
- The file extension must be .dat
- A .done file with the same name as the .dat file is required
- If the Labor Encumbrance File Upload is used, the file name is changed to ENCUMBRANCE_DATA_<username>_<datetimestamp>.dat. The .done file is created by the upload process.
- The laborEncumbranceAdjustmentJob will create .data, .recon and .done files that are placed in the staging/ld/enterpriseFeed directory and will be processed by the laborEnterpriseFeedJob. Transactions are created based on the following:
Find a matching record in the Labor Ledger Balance Table based on the Fiscal Year, Balance Type (IE), Employee ID and position number.
If a match is not found, create an encumbrance transaction.
If a match is found and the accounting string (Chart, Account, Sub-Account, Object and Sub-Object) is different, liquidate the previous encumbrance and establish the new encumbrance using the new accounting string.
If the labor ledger balance annual amount is less than the new encumbrance amount, create an encumbrance transaction for the difference.
If the encumbrance balance exists in the Labor Ledger but is no longer included in the file, an encumbrance transaction will be created to liquidate the full amount.