The Labor Journal Voucher (LLJV) document is used to perform accounting tasks that cannot be done by any of the other Labor Ledger or financial documents. This document creates open-ended financial transactions with few business rule checks.
Labor Distribution Journal Voucher Details
The LLJV document has its own unique tab called Journal Voucher Details in addition to the standard financial transaction tabs.
- Accounting Period: Displays all open periods.
- Balance Type Code: Displays available balance type codes. The Balance Type Code selected will determine what fields are present on the Accounting Lines tab. Balance Type codes are categorized as and defined in the Balance Type lookup and maintenance document:
- Actuals: Offset Generation = Yes and Encumbrance = No
- Encumbrance: Offset Generation = Yes and Encumbrance = Yes
- Budget: Offset Generation = No and Encumbrance = No
- Offset Type: The LLJV document does not create offsets but allows the user to select one of four Offset Types that when passed to the General Ledger determine the needed offset entry as defined in the Offset Definition table for each document type, noted in parens.
- Cash (LJVC)
- Accrual (LJVA)
- Encumbrance (LJVE
- No Offset: (LLJV)
The Accounting Lines tab of the LJV vary slightly from other types and vary depending on which Balance Type is selected.
Actuals and A21 Balances
Note: A21 Balances only update the labor ledger and are not sent to the General Ledger.
The Accounting lines are the same for both A2 and AC:
When an Encumbrance Balance Type is selected, you must enter the Encumbrance Update Code (D or R), Reference Origination Code, Reference Number, and Reference Type Code in addition to the normal accounting string detail and credit or debit amount.
NOTE: When entering the Reference Number, it should be the document number that the encumbrance you are trying to update was encumbered on, such as, the original salary encumbrance document number.
When a budget balance type is selected, the debit / credit amount columns are replaced with a single amount column. Negative amounts decrease budget; positive amounts increase budget.
Accounting Lines tab
In addition to the normal fields found on the Accounting Line, the following fields are unique to the Labor Ledger. For the most part they are optional.
NOTE: If you use Effort Certification or labor benefits generation it's important that your LLJV inlcude the appropriate Earn Code and Pay Group codes so that the transactions are correctly processed. Earn Code and Pay Group are maintained in the Report Earn Paygroup table.
Most fields on the Labor Ledger Accounting Line are used for reporting only and are not required when completing the LLJV, but may be useful if used for reporting and may be defined differently for each institution. Following are the fields that are required for Effort Certification and labor benefit generation or that need additional explanation.
- EmplID: Employee ID
- Earn Code: The type of earnings (e.g., regular, vacation, overtime).
- Pay Group: Used to identify the sets of employees for effort certificiation and benefit generation. For example, separate pay groups are created to differentiate exempt from non-exempt employees.
- Pay Period End Date, Pay Fiscal Year, Pay Period: Reporting only, entering these values do not determine in what period entries post. The Accounting Period in the Labor Distribution Journal Voucher Details tab determines in which accounting period entries will post.
Please sign in to leave a comment.