The Customer Profile document allows you to enter and maintain basic information about university units who are permitted to submit disbursement information to PDP.
Each file loaded into PDP must be associated with a valid Customer Profile. The Customer Profile includes various information about the unit, including contact information, text that is to appear in the unit's ACH email messages to payees, and default accounting information. It also includes bank information that specifies the banks to be used for ACH and check disbursements from this department. Lastly, it indicates the campus where this department's payments are to be formatted.
This tab contains basic identifying and contact information for this PDP unit. It also indicates the campus where this unit's payments are to be formatted.
- Customer Profile ID: System assigned reference number to this record.
- Campus, Unit and Sub-Unit: represent the unit that is sending disbursements into PDP for formatting and disbursement.
- Description: A user friendly description of the unit, for example: Accounts Payable Payment Requests, University Library, Facilities Management, etc.
- Format Campus: The campus where the payments will be formatted and disbursed from.
- Customer Process E-Mail Address: The email address that will receive notification about payments processed for this unit.
- File Threshhold Amount and E-Mail Address: When the total amount of all payments in the file exceeds the File Threshhold Amount, an email will be sent to the File Threshhold E-Mail Address indicating that the File Threshhold Amount was exceeded. The file will still load.
- Payment Threshhold Amount and E-Mail Address: When an individual payment in the file exceeds the Payment Threshhold Amount, an email will be sent to the Payment Thresshold E-Mail Address indicating that the Payment Threshhold Amount was exceeded. The file will still load.
- Primary Contact Name and Address: The Primary contact for this PDP unit.
PDP units may choose to specify text that will be displayed in ACH emails to payees or as notes on checks. This section defines that text.
- ACH Advice Flag: Indicates that an email pay advice will be generated for ACH payments from this unit. No indicates that an email advice will not be generated.
- ACH Payment Detail Description: The text that to be displayed as the detailed payment description for e-mail advices related to ACH deposits from this unit.
- Advice Heading and Subject Line Text: The text to be displayed as the subject line and heading for email advices related to ACH deposits from this unit.
- Advice Return / Cancel E-Mail Address: The email address to be notified if an ACH advice email is returned or encounters an error.
- Check Header Note Line 1-4: The text lines to be displayed in the check header for disbursements from this PDP unit.
- Additional Check Note Line 1-4: The text lines to be displayed in theNotes section of check disbursements from this PDP unit.
This section defines the default accounting string for payments from a PDP unit. It also allows you to customize some PDP behaviors (such as the generation of emails).
- Default Chart, Account, Sub Account, Object Code and Sub Object Code: The accounting string that is used if this unit's file contains an invalid accounting string.
- Employee Check Indicator: When Yes, the system will check the files from this unit to see if it contains payments to employees. If so, the file will be held.
- Nonresident Check Indicator: When Yes, files from this unit must include the <nonresident_ind> tag. If the value in this tag is set to Y, the payment will be held.
- Ownership Codes Required: When Yes, files from this unit must include ownership codes for each payment.
- Payee ID Required: When Yes, files from this unit must include payee ID numbers.
- Accounting Edit Required: When Yes, the accounting string for payments from this unit is validated against the Chart of Accounts. Normally, this value will be set to Y, when the unit is sending payments into PDP to be posted to the GL. If the accounting string is invalid, the Default Accounting string will be used.
- Relieve Liabilities: When Yes, payments made by PDP for this unit will debit a liability instead of debiting an expense object code. This flag will be set to Y for units sending Payment Requests and Disbursement Vouchers to be formatted.
- ACH Transaction Type: PDP supports ACH payees with multiple sets of banking information (for example, payees who want payments from certain units deposited to different bank accounts). This code is used to identify the appropriate ACH record for payments from this unit. Existing ACH transaction types may be retrieved by using the lookup icon. This code can also be used to qualify the Payee ACH Accounts Administrator role to restrict view and edit access.
This tab defines the banks from which a PDP unit's disbursements are to be made from. Different banks can be defined for different payment types (checks vs. ACH).
- Disbursement Type Code: ACH or Check
- Bank Code: The Bank Code from which ACH or Check Payments will be disbursed. Refer to PDP Disbursements, Bank Codes and Disbursement Number Ranges for additional information.