When the Invoice is final, a pdf invoice is created for each customer address, using the invoice template assigned to that address or at the header level if a template is not assigned to an address. The generated pdf invoice can be manually transmitted or transmitted via Transmit Contracts & Grants Invoices.
Method of Invoice Transmission
The Transmit Contracts & Grants Invoices uses Mail and Email to determine how to send invoices once they have been created and approved. Use the Method of Invoice Transmission lookup to add additional values.
- Using values other than Mail or Email will exclude the invoice from the Transmit process. This might be desirable if you are submitting an invoice electronically through a website, for example.
- Letter of Credit customers must be set to either Mail or Email, however, LOC invoices are excluded from the Transmission process.
Transmission Details tab
Prior to submitting the Invoice, the Invoice Template can be changed. The Invoice template will default to the template assigned to the address, or if none, to the customer.
Send To is always editable by the Fund Manager.
- The addresses that display in the Transmission Details tab are determined as follows:
- If a Customer Address is associated with the Award, the associated address and =emails will display.
- If a Customer Address is not associated with the Award, the primary customer address and emails will display.
- The Send To will default to the Method of Invoice Transmission associated with the Customer.
- It can be changed or both methods can be selected.
- If the Method of Invoice Transmission on the Customer Address is something other than Mail or Email, nothing will default.
Prior to submission
After the invoice is submitted and reloaded,
- The Transmissions Detail tab is updated
- The Status of the selected Send To is set to Queued. The transmission can be canceled by using the cancel link.
- Any Send To not previously selected can be selected, and when selected, the Resend Invoice and Sent Manually buttons become clickable.
- A pdf invoice is attached to the Notes and Attachment tab
The Transmission tab, Send To, can always be edited by the Fund Manager, allowing invoices to be retransmitted.
Transmission Details tab - after submit
Selecting a Send To will make the Resend Invoice and Sent Manually invoice buttons clickable.
- Clicking Resend Invoice will requeue the invoice and make it elibigle for transmission via Transmit Contracts & Grants Invoices. The tab will look like the image above in Transmission Details tab - after submit.
- Clicking Sent Manually will
- change the Status to Sent
- populate the Date and By fields
- increment the number of times the invoice is sent
- add a note, authored by kfs, to the Notes and Attachments tab indicating that the Fund Manager transmitted the invoice manually.
Transmission Details tab - selecting additional Send To
Transmission Details - clicking cancel
Transmission Details - Sent Manually
Transmit Contracts & Grants Invoices
Transmitting Contracts & Grants Invoices starts with the Transmit Contracts & Grants Invoices lookup.
- After entering search criteria, click the Search button. The system displays the invoices that will be generated for the Method of Invoice Transmission selected.
- Click the Transmit / Generate Print File button to create the invoices.
- If Through Email is selected, invoices will be sent electronically to the email addresses selected on the CINV Transmission Details tab.
- If Through Mail is selected, the pdf invoices and envelopes will be created for the address selected on the CINV Transmission Details tab. The number of invoices and envelopes to create is specified in the Addresses tab on the Customer document.
Transmission Details - after using Transmit Contracts & Grants Invoices
Notes and Attachments tab -pdf invoice, manually and electronically transmitted invoices
From Email: Defined in parameter FROM_EMAIL_ADDRESS, namespace AR-Accounts Receivable.
NOTE: This parameter must be completed or emails will not be sent.
Following is the email that is generated when the invoices are transmitted via email.
If <Grant Number> is populated:
If a Customer Address is associated with the Award:
Email body: Attached please find our invoice for payment processing.
Email sample with Grant Number populated on the Award
Email sample without Grant Number populated on the Award