The following is a quick check list of the items that need to be done in order to get CGB ready to create invoices.
Initial Set Up
- Update Agencies with Customers; either create new customers from the Agency, or link an existing one.
- Update Awards with Fund Managers and Invoicing information.
- Update Customers with email addresses, Invoice Templates and Transmission information.
- Update Accounts with Contract Control accounts.
|Parameter Name||Parameter Description|
|FROM_EMAIL||Sender's email address for emails sent out by the Transmit Contracts & Grants Invoices process.|
|If set to "Y", Fiscal Period 13 balances will be included in addition to period 12 when the budget and current expenditure amounts of invoice detail and account detail lines on Contracts & Grants Invoice Documents are calculated in period 01.|
Prepping Data for Invoice Creation
- Set up Billing and Processing Organizations. The organizations associated with the Fund Managers are used to determine the Billing and Processing Orgs that will be used on the CINVs.
- Set up Contracts & Grants Invoice Object Codes. The values in this table determine the receivable and income or deferred revenue object code to use. These values can be specified by fund, sub-fund or sub-fund type code. Sub fund type codes link similar sub-fund groups together.
- Letter of Credit and Cost Reimbursable Invoices: Populate the Cost Category table.
- Letter of Credit Invoices - create Letter of Credit Fund Groups and Letter of Credit Funds.
- Milestone and Predetermined Billing Schedules: Create Milestone or Predetermined Billing schedules either through the UI or via the Milestone and Predetermined Billing Upload screens.
- Review the Billing Frequency table for Grace Period values. The Grace Period determines how long after the end of a billing period should invoices be created.
- Create and Upload Invoice Templates. The Invoice Templates can be created using a PDF designer such as Adobe Acrobat DC, referencing specific codes.
Invoice Catch Up
You will need to catch up your active awards so that invoices with the correct amount can be sent to sponsors.
- Determine which awards you will be invoicing, if an award is near it's end, you may want to exclude those from invoicing.
- Create invoices for prior billed amounts to update the billed to date amount on the awards.
- For the catch up invoicing, set awards to not auto approve and to transmit via mail. The transmit process can be run to mark the invoices as transmitted, or they can be manually marked as transmitted when reviewed and approved.
- Create Invoice Write Off documents to write off the invoices, note on the write off documents, write due to one time CGB invoice conversion.