The Milestone Schedule defines the schedule of events (milestones) that are billable for Awards that are set up with the invoicing option of milestone, along with the associated amounts and estimated completion date for each milestone.
- Milestone Schedules can be bulk imported using the Milestone Schedule Upload. Refer to Milestone and Predetermined Billing Schedule Upload for more information.
- Permissions control who can modify the milestone number, description and amount. Users with the Create / Maintain Record(s) MILE TRUE can edit actual and estimated completion dates on existing milestones.
- The total milestone schedules associated with an award cannot exceed the award amount.
- If the billing frequency on an award is changed to a cost reimbursable billing frequency, all milestone schedules associated with the award must be inactivated.
Look up and return a Proposal (aka Award) Number. Information about the Award will be entered into the tab. Note the two Total Scheduled amounts - one will be for this Account and one will be a total for all accounts on this award.
Enter the milestone number, description, amount and estimated completion date. The upcomingMilestoneNotificationJob will notify fund managers when a milestone is nearing it's estimated completion date based on the number of days specified in the NOTIFICATION_DAYS parameter.
Milestone Schedule Lookup
Following is the lookup and results for an award with two accounts.
Milestone Schedule Inquiry
Click View Milestone Schedule to open the Milestone Inquiry.
Note that Milestone 2 has been billed (Billed = Yes). And Milestone 3 has not (Billed = No)
Milestone Schedule Edit
Click edit next to a milestone schedule to open it for editing.
Milestone 2 cannot be edited because it has been billed.
Users with the ability to change the Milestone Number, Description and Amount will see the below view when a milestone has not been billed.
Users who only have access to edit the dates, will see the following and can update the dates as appropriate.
Invoices will be created on the Actual Completion date as long as the Milestone Billing Frequency grace period days is set to 0, otherwise it will be created the number of days specified by the grace period days after the completion date. Refer to the Billing Frequency article for additional information.
Contracts & Grants Invoice Milestones tab
Following is the Milestones tab from the a Milestone Contracts & Grants Invoice.
Contracts & Grants Milestone Report
Use the Milestone Report to review upcoming milestone activity.
Enter the appropriate filters.
- Click Search to view the matching results, export to spreadsheet if desired.
- Click Print to create a pdf report of the matching results.