Update the following Financial Parameters.
|BLANK_OUT_PERIOD_BEGIN||The Blank out period parameters stop the automatic running of depreciation. Depreciation runs on the 3rd Thursday of the month. During year end you might want to run depreciation more often, or control when it runs. These parameters also facilitate testing depreciation.||Set to a day prior to today, formatted mm/dd, for example 04/01|
|BLANK_OUT_PERIOD_END||Set a day after to today, formatted mm/dd, for example 06/30|
|BLANK_OUT_PERIOD_RUN_DATE||Determines the date depreciation will run during the Blank Out Period. This date needs to be between the blank out begin and end dates.||Set this value to today, formatted mm/dd/yyyy for example, 04/24/2019|
|DEPRECIATION_DATE||Optional. Set this date to the date you want to run depreciation as of, leave it blank to run it as of the current period. If you want to see the affect of depreciation each month for a year, you can set this parameter to the end of each period - for example 2018-07-31 - will create depreciation for period 01. Run depreciation job, update the parm to 2018-08-31, etc.||Formatted yyyy-mm-dd, for example, 2018-06-30|
Refer to the Running Batches - Batch Schedule article for instructions on how to run batches.
Run job: assetDepreciationBatchJob
General Ledger Pending Entries
Refer to the Accessing Logs, Reports and Files - Batch File article for instructions on how to use the Batch File Lookup.
- Select reports / cam Directory
- *.pdf in the File Name field
- Enter today's date in the Last Modified Date From field
- Click Search
- The CAMS_DEPRECIATION_REPORT is listed.
- Download it. The report provides a before and after look at depreciation.
- Look for the Document Number created for depreciation.
- Open General Ledger Pending Entry lookup
- Enter the Document Number in the Document Number Field
- Update the Fiscal Period field, if depreciation was run for a period other than the current period. Fiscal Periods must be 2 digits, for example 01.
- Click Search
- Depreciation entries created by the batch display. Asset Numbers are included in the Transaction Ledger Entry Description field.
Review the affect on the Asset
- Open Asset Payment lookup
- Enter an asset number (pulled from the Pending Entries created above).
- Inquire into the Asset (click on the linked Asset number)
- Open Payments tab, verify depreciation has posted to the correct period.
- Open Asset Depreciation Information tab, verify Current Month reflects posted depreciation.