The Advance Deposit (AD) document is used to record deposits that go directly to the bank without going through a central office, such as, the Bursars office for deposit.
Advance Deposits are one sided documents. The offset will be created to cash, and if bank offsets are activated, the corresponding bank entries will be made.
- Advance Deposits do not route.
NOTE: Even if your institution is not planning to use the Bank Offset feature in Kuali Financials, the DEFAULT_BANK_BY_DOCUMENT_TYPE parameter must be completed in order to use the Advance Deposit document. Bank offsets will not be created if the Bank Offset feature has not been configured.
- Bank Code: Will default based on parameter DEFAULT_BANK_BY_DOCUMENT_TYPE. This field is editable by authorized users.
- Date: Date the deposit was made at the bank.
- Reference Number: Additional identifying number. Used for reporting only.
- Description: Additional description if desired. Used for reporting only.
- Amt: Amount of the deposit. If the deposit will be posted to an expense or asset object code (basic accounting category = debit), enter a corresponding negative amount in the Accounting Lines tab.
Please sign in to leave a comment.