The Credit Card Receipt (CCR) document is used to record the receipt of income via credit card payments to the appropriate accounts.
Credit Card Receipts are one sided documents. The offset will be made to cash, and if bank offsets are activated, the corresponding bank entries will be made.
Credit Card Receipts do not route.
Credit Card Receipts
Following are the unique
- Type: Valid values are maintained using the Credit Card Type table. Typical values include Visa, Mastercard, etc.
- Vendor Number: Identifies the unit on campus that received the credit card payment. Valid values are maintained using the Credit Card Vendor table. Looking up and returning a Vendor Number will populate the Type field. The Income and Expense accounting strings maintained on the Credit Card Vendor do not currently have any functionality in the system, but can be used as a reference to know where to post the credit card income/expense when completing the Credit Card Receipt document.
- Date: The date the funds were received, used for reporting only.
- Ref Nbr: Reference number assigned to this particular credit card transaction, used for reporting only.
- Amt: Amount of the receipt. If the receipt will be posted to an expense or asset object code (basic accounting category = debit), enter a corresponding negative amount in the Accounting Lines tab.