Contracts & Grants Invoices (CINV) can be created with a batch job that can be run nightly or manually using the Contracts & Grants Invoice Lookup. When using the Lookup, a Fund Manager will only see their awards that are available for billing. If you would look like to see all the Awards for which you are a Fund Manager, use the Award Lookup. One of the search fields is Fund Manager.
Contracts & Grants Invoice Errors
The Contracts & Grants Invoice Document Error Log Report lists awards and the reason why an invoice was not created. Following is the lookup screen and sample results.
- Click Search to see matching results that can be exported to a spreadsheet.
- Click Print to create a pdf report.
Reasons Contracts & Grants Invoices will not be created
Contracts & Grants Invoices will not be created (manually or via batch) if:
- The Billing Frequency is not Pre-Determined Billing or Milestone and the award is not within its defined Billing Frequency (ie has already been invoiced in this billing period or is not within the Grace Period defined for the Billing Frequency).
- The Billing Frequency is Milestone and there are no milestones with a Completed Date equal to or prior to today.
- The Billing Frequency is Pre-Determined Billing Schedule and there are no bills with a Bill Date equal to or prior to today.
- The Billing Frequency is LOC Billing and the invoice is not being created from the Contracts & Grants Letter of Credit Review.
- The Award is not active (ignored by batch and not listed on the Contracts & Grants Invoice Errors log).
- The Award does not have at least one active account associated with it. Invoices will be created for expired accounts, but not for closed accounts.
- The Invoicing Option is Invoice by Award, the Award has multiple accounts, and one or more accounts have no Contract Control Account assigned to them.
- The Invoicing Option is Invoice by Award, the Award has multiple accounts, and the accounts are assigned to multiple Contract Control Accounts.
- The Invoicing Option is Invoice by Contract Control Account, and one or more accounts have no Contract Control Account assigned to them.
- The Award has no expenditures for the current invoicing period, either positive or negative.
- The Award has previously been billed for that period.
- The Award’s Agency is not associated with a valid AR Customer.
- The Award is excluded from invoicing.
- The Award has invoices currently in process: Initiated, Saved, Enroute or Exception.
- The organization associated with the Award does not have Organization Options.
- Income and Receivable Object Codes have not been set up in the Contracts & Grants Invoice Object Code table.
- Final Bill is Yes.
- The same chart and account number are used on multiple awards.