The General Ledger Correction Process (GLCP) document is used by central administration to load files for processing transactions into the General Ledger.
This document has three functions:
- To load files of transactions created outside Kuali Financials, if correcting entries or other entries need to be posted to the system.
- To load files that have been created within Kuali Financials, either due to scrubber/poster errors or when files are created during year end processing.
- To remove a file from processing, if a file was loaded in error.
This document includes the Summary, Correction Process, Documents in System, Correction File Upload, Search Results, Edit Options and Action, Edit Criteria and Search Criteria for Manual Edit tabs. These tabs are editable depending on the action taken.
The Summary tab will be empty until transactions are loaded either via a file or from the data base.
The fields on this tab summarize the files that are being processed by this document. The tab is populated after a file has been loaded or when records are selected for processing and the Output only records which match criteria? box is checked (in the Edit Options and Actions tab).
If a file is loaded that is too large for the document to display the entries in the Search Results tab, the Summary tab will not be updated until after the document has been processed.
Correction Process tab
This tab is used to tell the document where the transactions are coming from (Select System) and how they will be edited (Edit Method).
- Database will allow you to select files from the staging/gl/originEntry directory. Selecting this option opens the Documents in System tab.
- File Upload will allow you to upload a file created outside of Kuali Financials for processing. Selecting this option opens the Correction File Upload tab.
- Using Criteria allows you to specify which records to update en masse. Selecting this option opens the Edit Criteria tab.
- Manual Edit allows you to edit one record at a time. Selecting this option opens the Search Criteria for Manual Edit tab.
- Remove Group From Processing allows you to remove a file from the Staging/gl/OriginEntry directory so that it will not be processed. This option can only be used when Select System is Database and files will only display if there is an associated .done file. Selecting this option opens Documents in System tab.
After you have made your selection, click the Select button to continue.
Documents in System tab
This tab opens when Database has been selected in the Correction Process tab.
Origin Entry Group - Using Criteria or Manual Edit
Files listed were created during the batch or year end processing. These files are located in the staging/gl/originEntry directory and are explained in their respective batch processing sections.
The system will highlight the most recent error file. The number in () indicates the size of the file. If it's 0 there are no transactions in the file.
Origin Entry Group - Remove Group From Processing
When Remove Group From Processing is selected, the Origin Entry Group will display .done files. The presence of a .done file indicates that the associated data file should be processed by the appropriate batch process. Removing the .done file will prevent the .data file from being processed.
Documents in System tab Options
- Load Group: Displays when Using Criteria or Manual Edit is selected. Loads the transactions into the Search Results tab, updates the Summary tab and opens the Edit Options and Action tab.
- Copy Group to Desktop: Displays when Using Criteria, Manual Edit or Remove Group From Processing is selected. Copies the file to the initiators desktop.
- Remove Group From Processing. Displays when Remove Group From Processing is selected. Removes the .done file from the staging/gl/originEntry file directory so that it will not be processed.
Correction File Upload tab
When File Upload is selected, the Correction File Upload tab opens. From this tab, you would select the file that you want to upload for processing. The file format is described in the General Ledger File Format article.
After you've selected your file, click Load Document. The transactions are loaded into the Search Results tab, the Summary tab is updated and the Edit Options and Actions tab opens.
Search Results Tab
This tab is populated when Load Group is selected in the Documents in System tab or Load Document is selected in the Correction File Upload tab.
The number of records that will display are controlled by parameter KFS-GL RECORD_LIMIT.
If the number of records loaded exceed the number specified in this parameter the following will occur:
- Manual Edit is not allowed.
- The Search Results tab will not be populated.
- The show button that normally appears below the check boxes in the Edit Options and Action tab will not display.
When you click the Edit button a Manual Edit column is added to the Search Results tab and the Search Criteria For Manual Edit tab opens. Lines can be edited or deleted.
An empty Manual Edit line displays so that you can add lines to the file.
When you click Edit next to a row, the Manual Edit line is populated with the row selected. After making your changes, click the Edit button to update the row with your changes.
Edit Options and Action Tab
This tab opens when Load Group is selected in the Documents in System tab or Load Document is selected in the Correction File Upload tab
Edit Options and Action tab options
- Process in Batch: Checked by default. Uncheck if you do not want the file created by the GLCP to be processed next time the accounting cycle runs. This is the only option in this tab when Manual Edit is selected.
- Output only records which match criteria: When this option is checked, only the records that match the Search criteria specified in the Edit Criteria tab will be included in the file created by the General Ledger Correction Process.
- Show Output Group: Click the Show button to show the records that will be included in the file created by the General Ledger Correction Process. Clicking this button changes the field label to Show Input Group.
- Show Input Group: Clicking Show will show the original transactions.
Edit Criteria Tab
This tab opens when Edit Method equals Using Criteria and Load Group is selected in the Documents in System tab or Load Document is selected in the Correction File Upload tab.
There are two sections in this tab: Search Criteria section and Modification Criteria section.
- The Search Criteria section is used to identify the transactions in the input group that you want to modify.
- The Modification Criteria section is used to identify what should change. You can add multiple groups of search and modification criteria.
Search Criteria For Manual Edit Tab
This tab opens when Edit Method equals Manual Edit and the Edit button in the Results tab is clicked.
The Search Criteria section is used to identify the transactions in the input group that you want to modify. Click the ADD button after you have entered your search criteria, multiple search criteria can be added. Once you have added all your search criteria, click the Show button to list only those rows that match your search criteria in the Search Results tab.
The following parameters are used by the General Ledger Correction Process document.
Maximum upload size for origin entry files within the General Ledger Correction Process.
If the selected origin entry group contains more rows than the value of this parameter, then the document functionality will be restricted. In particular: 1) error if the user selected the Manual Edit Method on the Correction Process (the user has to select another origin entry group or edit method); 2) the display of the search results tab will be disabled, regardless of what the Edit Method is; and 3) the display of the show button that normally appears below the check boxes in the Edit Options and Action tab will not be rendered.
The number of records that will display on the General Ledger Correction Process search results page.
Reports and Files
General Ledger Correction Process Reports and Files
GLCP Doc Number-input.txt
Input file created by the General Ledger Correction Process
GLCP Doc Number-ouput.txt
Output file created by the General Ledger Correction Process. This file will be used to create the file that will be placed in the staging/gl/originEntry file for processing by scrubberJob.
File created by the GLCP pre-scrubber process.
File created and placed in the originEntry directory for processing by the scrubberJob. The .done file will be deleted once the .data file is processed.
File summarizing transactions processed via the General Ledger Correction Process.