The Balances by Consolidation Lookup displays account balances at the highest reporting level (the consolidation code) and allows you to drill down to the next reporting level. You can continue this drill down process to arrive at the actual document where the transaction began (assuming the transaction originated with a Financials document and not from an external system).
Parameter BASIC_ACCOUNTING_CATEGORY_REPRESENTING_EXPENSES specifies which Basic Accounting Category represents expenses.
- Fiscal Year, Chart Code and Account Number are required fields when using the Balances by Consolidation Lookup.
- You can further refine your results by using Sub-Account Number.
- The following options control the display in the Search Results:
- Consolidation Option:
- Consolidation: Aggregates sub-accounts into the total amount displayed.
- Detail: Displays balances by sub-account.
- Exclude Sub-Accounts: Balances display without sub-accounts or sub-object codes.
- Include Cost Share Sub-Accounts: Provides the ability to see account balances with and without Cost Share sub-accounts. The default is to exclude activity on Cost Share sub-accounts.
- Include Pending Ledger Entry:
- No: Displays balances as of the last time the batch ran.
- Approved: Includes fully approved transactions in the balances.
- All: Includes fully approved, enroute and saved transactions.
- Note: Choosing to include all pending ledger entries in a balance inquiry can generate misleading results because saved documents may contain incomplete or unbalanced accounting entries. Choosing to view all pending ledger entries should be done with the understanding that unapproved entries may change drastically prior to actually posting or they may not post at all.
- Consolidation Option:
The Balance by Consolidation Search Results returns two sections:
- The first section displays Income and Expense Budget, Actuals and Encumbrances at the Consolidation level.
- The 2nd section displays Income and Expense with Income and Expense from Transfers separated out.
The drilldown pattern of this inquiry is as follows:
- Balances by Level - Levels report to Consolidations
- Balances by Object - Reports to Levels
- General Ledger Balance
- General Ledger Entry
- Financials documents or Labor Ledger Entries
- Document numbers with Origin Code 01 can be drilled into, unless the document type is included in parameter DOCUMENT_TYPES_EXCLUDED (component: Entry).
- Labor Ledger Entries can be drilled into when the Origin Codes associated with labor transactions are included in parameter LABOR_ORIGINATION_CODES.
Please sign in to leave a comment.