The Current Account Balances lookup displays the budget balance available, cash expenditure authority and current fund balance depending on the type of account.
- Fiscal Year, Fiscal Period and Fiscal Officer, Account Manager or Account Supervisor are required fields when using the Current Account Balances Lookup.
- You can further refine your results by using Chart Code, Account Number, Sub-Account Number and Organization.
- The following options control the display in the Search Results:
- Consolidation Option:
- Consolidation: Aggregates sub-accounts into the total amount displayed.
- Detail: Displays balances by sub-account.
- Exclude Sub-Accounts: Balances display without sub-accounts or sub-object codes.
- Include Pending Ledger Entry:
- No: Displays balances as of the last time the batch ran.
- Approved: Includes fully approved transactions in the balances.
- All: Includes fully approved, enroute and saved transactions.
- Note: Choosing to include all pending ledger entries in a balance inquiry can generate misleading results because saved documents may contain incomplete or unbalanced accounting entries. Choosing to view all pending ledger entries should be done with the understanding that unapproved entries may change drastically prior to actually posting or they may not post at all.
- Consolidation Option:
The Budget Record Level on the Account and parameter CASH_BUDGET_RECORD_LEVEL determine which balances are displayed. We suggest setting the Budget Record Level on non-budgeted accounts to No Budget and putting that code into the CASH_BUDGET_RECORD_LEVEL parameter.
- Accounts with Budget Record Level defined in the parameter will have balances in the following columns:
- Beginning Fund Balance: Defined by parameter FUND_BALANCE_OBJECT_CODE.
- Beginning Current Assets: Defined by parameter CURRENT_ASSET_OBJECT_CODE.
- Beginning Current Liabilities: Defined by parameter CURRENT_LIABILITY_OBJECT_CODE.
- Cash Expenditure Authority: Beginning Current Assets - Beginning Current Liabilities + Total Income - Total Expenses - Encumbrances.
- Current Fund Balance: Beginning Fund Balance + Total Income - Total Expense
- All other accounts will have balances in the following columns:
- Current Budget: Balance Type CB, Expense Object Type
- Budget Balance Available: Current Budget - Total Expenses - Encumbrances
- All accounts will have balances in the following columns:
- Total Income: Defined by parameter INCOME_OBJECT_TYPE
- Total Expense: Defined by parameter EXPENSE_OBJECT_TYPE
- Encumbrances: Defined by parameter ENCUMBRANCE_BALANCE_TYPE