The following instructions, short and long versions, will create an asset for processing in Capital Assets Management. The Capital Asset tab only needs to be completed if you need to follow the asset information from Requisition to Purchase Order to Capital Asset. Using accounts in the BL Chart - such as 1031400 - will not require that the Asset tab be completed on the Requisition or Purchase Order. The Capital Asset Builder (CAB) will still pick up the Payment Request for processing. Payment Requests also do not need to be approved to be picked up by CAB, they post to the General Ledger when they are created.
- Log in as khuntley. Create a Requisition, using object code 7000, enter the capital asset information, if needed. Chart BA will require that the tab be completed. Set Method of PO Transmission to NO PRINT. Calculate. Blanket Approve.
- Log in as parke. Open Contract Manager Assignment. Enter 10 next to the Requisition. Submit. Find the PO using Doc Search. Select a Vendor Choice. Calculate. Submit.
- Log in as abeal. Open Payment Request. Enter the PO number created above, other required data, click Continue. On the Payment Request, click Load Qty Invoiced, Calculate and Submit.
- Log in as khuntley. Run batches: nightlyOutJob, ScrubberJob, PosterJob, ClearPendingEntriesJob, cabExtractJob
- Log in as bomiddle. Purchasing / Accounts Payable Transactions. Search. Process. Process. Create Asset. If capital asset information was not entered on the Requisition or the Purchase Order. Enter the missing information. Blanket Approve.
Create a Requisition
- Description: Enter something
- If not completed, complete.
- Building Code: BL014B
- Room: 199
- Quantity: 1
- UOM: EA
- Description: Stuff
- Unit Cost: 5000
- Click the add button
- Open the accounting line - click the $ icon
- Chart: BA or BL (note: the BA chart will require that you complete the Asset tab)
- Account: 6044900 or 1031400
- Object: 7000
- Click the add button
Capital Asset tab - skip this step if you don't need to follow capital asset information from Requisition to Purchase Order to Capital Asset Management - it will be required if an account in the BA chart is used
- Capital Asset System Type: Individual Assets
- Capital Asset System State: New System
- Click Select
- Capital Asset Transaction Type: New
- Capital Asset Note Text: test
- Asset Type: 07008
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Model Number: XJ4
- Item Quantity: 1
- Building: BL001 (tab out wait for the page to come back)
- Room: 001
- Click Add
Additional Institutional Info tab
- Method of PO Transmission: NO PRINT
Click Blanket Approve
Create the PO
Log in as parke
Open Contract Manager Assignment
- Enter 10 in the Contract Manager Assignment field.
- Use Doc Search to find the Purchase Order
- Open the Purchase Order, select a Vendor Choice - any one is fine.
- Note the Purchase Order number, different than the Document Number
- Reload the Purchase Order verify that the Document Status = Final and the Application Document Status = Open.
- If the Application Status is Pending Print, click the Print button on the Purchase Order.
- If the Document Status is Enroute, either log in as khuntley and Super User Approve the PO (Super User Action tab) or log in as each approver and approve the PO. Refer to the Super User article for additional details.
Create the PREQ
Log in as abeal
Open Payment Request
- Enter the PO number
- Invoice number (I usually use the PO number again)
- Invoice Date
- On the Payment Request, click Load Qty Invoiced, Calculate, Submit
Log in as khuntley
Run batches - refer to the How to Run Batches article for details
Create the Asset
Log in as bomiddle
Purchasing / Accounts Payable Transactions
- Click Search
- Click Process
- Click process
- Click Create Asset
- If you did not complete the Capital Asset tab on the Requisition or the Purchase Order, complete the necessary information.
- Blanket Approve