The Predetermined Billing Schedule document defines the schedule of dates and associated amounts, which are billable for awards that are set up with the invoicing option of predetermined billing schedule.
- Predetermined Billing Schedules can be bulk imported using the Predetermined Billing Schedule Upload. Refer to Milestone and Predetermined Billing Schedule Upload for more information.
- Permissions control who can modify the scheduled bill number, scheduled bill description and scheduled bill amount. Users with the Create / Maintain Record(s) PDBS TRUE can edit the scheduled bill date on existing Predetermined Billing Schedules (PDBS).
- The total Predetermined Billing Schedules associated with an award cannot exceed the award amount.
- If the billing frequency on an award is changed to a cost reimbursable billing frequency, all predetermined billing schedules associated with the award must be inactivated.
Predetermined Billing Schedule
Look up and return a Proposal (aka Award) Number. Information about the Award will be entered into the tab. Note the two Total Scheduled amounts - one will be for this Account and one will be a total for all accounts on this award.
New Scheduled Bills
Enter the scheduled bill number, description, amount and date.
Predetermined Billing Schedule Lookup
Following is the lookup and results for an award with two accounts.
Predetermined Billing Schedule Inquiry
Click View Predetermined Billing Schedule to open the Predetermined Billing Schedule Inquiry.
Note that Scheduled Bill Number 2 has been billed (Billed = Yes). And Scheduled Bill Number 3 has not (Billed = No)
Predetermined Billing Schedule Edit
Click edit next to a predetermined billing schedule to open it for editing.
Scheduled Bill Number 2 cannot be edited because it has been billed.
Users with the ability to change the Scheduled Bill Number, Description and Amount will see the below view when a scheduled bill has not been billed.
Users who only have access to edit the date, will see the following and can update the date as appropriate.
Invoices will be created on the Scheduled Bill date as long as the Predetermined Billing Frequency grace period days is set to 0, otherwise it will be created the number of days specified by the grace period days after the scheduled billed date. Refer to the Billing Frequency article for additional information.
Contracts & Grants Invoice Scheduled Bills tab
Following is the Scheduled Bills tab from a Predetermined Billing Schedule Contracts & Grants Invoice.
Contracts & Grants Predeterimined Billing Report
Use the Milestone Report to review upcoming billing schedule activity.
Enter the appropriate filters.
- Click Search to view the matching results.