The General Ledger Entry lookup displays the individual transactions that make up the balance in an account.
You must enter either the fiscal year, chart, account number and fiscal period or the document number. Wildcards are not supported in the required search fields.
The following options control the display in the Search Results:
- Include Pending Ledger Entry:
- No: Displays balances as of the last time the batch ran.
- Approved: Includes fully approved transactions.
- All: Includes fully approved, enroute and saved transactions.
- Debit/Credit View:
- Include will add a Debit Credit Code column to the Search Results and amounts will display as positive.
- Exclude will display the amounts as positive or negative indicating increase or decrease depending on the accounting category.
Most fields on the search results are self explanatory, those needing additional explanation are described below. The following fields can also be filtered on in the Lookup.
- Balance Type Code: Defines the type of transaction, Actual (AC), Budget (BB, CB, MB) or Encumbrance (IE, EX, PE)
- Object Type Code: Defines the category of the transaction: Income (IN, IS, IC), Expense (EX, ES, EE), Assets (AS), Liabilities (LI) and Fund Balance (FB)
- Origin Code: Defines where the transaction came from: 01 indicates that it was created in Financials. Payroll, Student and Internal Billing Units can have different origin codes to identify where the transaction originated from.
- Document Number: Tranaction identifier.
- If the Origin Code is 01 and the Document Type is not included in parameter DOCUMENT_TYPES_EXCLUDED (component: Entry), you can drill into the document that created the transaction.
- If a labor entry origin code is included in LABOR_ORIGINATION_CODES, you can drill into the detailed labor entries that make up the summarized entry in the General ledger.
- Transaction Entry Ledger Description: For transactions created in Financials, this field will be the description entered on the accounting line, or if one doesn't exist, it will be the description entered in the document header.
- Reference fields: Are populated when the transaction was created in relation to another document. These will normally be Purchasing documents, POs when a PREQ is created, PREQs or DV when a payment from PDP posts.
- Pending Entry Approved Indicator: Indicates the status of the transaction. It will be blank, unless Include Pending Entries is All or Approved.
- Blank means that the entry has posted.
- APPROVED means that the entry will post next time the batch runs.
- PENDING means the entry is saved or enroute.