The Organization Review document offers a simple interface to add and update member and delegate information into the following roles:
- Role 28, Accounting Reviewer: Establishes optional workflow action requests for documents based on chart, organization, document type, dollar amount and accounting override code.
- Role 7, Organization Reviewer: Establishes optional workflow action requests for documents based on chart, organization and document type.
Accounting Reviewer is generally used with document types that include accounting lines and Organization Reviewer is used with document types that do not. The Organization Review document is designed to assist users in selecting the appropriate role(s) for a given document type or group of document types that need to receive workflow requests.
Documents at the AccountingOrganizationHieararchy route node that are affected by changes to the Organization Review will requeue.
Organization Review Tab
The Organization Review tab identifies the chart and organization for which the user is establishing optional workflow action requests. It also defines the document type for which these requests are be generated. Review types determine whether this document creates a membership in the Accounting Reviewer role, the Organization Review role or both.
- Review Types: This value determines whether the document adds member information to the accounting reviewer role (Organization Accounting Only), the organization reviewer role (Organization Only), or both. After you select a document type, the system updates this field with a default value based on the following rules and cannot be edited:
- If the document type selected has a route node associated with the organization reviewer or accounting reviewer role, then review type is selected based on this value.
- If the document type selected is KFS (top of the hierarchy), the Review Type defaults to both.
- If the closest parent document type is KFST (parent document type of transactional documents), Review Type defaults to Organization Accounting Only.
- If the closest parent document type is KFSM (parent document type of complex maintenance documents), Review Type defaults to Organization Only.
- If the closest parent document type is FSSM (parent document type to all simple maintenance document), the document returns an error. These documents do not route for approval.
Following is Review Types after DV (Disbursement Voucher), a document with accounting lines, is looked up and returned to the document. Review Types is set to Organzation Accounting Only and is read only.
Assignee / Delegation tab
The following fields display when the Review Type value is either Organization Accounting Only or Both and are optional.
- From Amount: Enter a minimum dollar amount below which you do not want to create action requests.
- To Amount: Enter a maximum dollar amount above which you do not want to create action requests.
- Accounting Line Override Code: If you want action requests to be generated only when a transactional document includes an accounting line with a particular override code, select that override code.
- None – routes if there are no override codes on the accounting line. It is important to note that this is different than the [blank] default value, which ignores override codes altogether.
- EXP_ACCT – routes if an expired account is used.
- NON_BDG_OBJ – routes if the account on the document has its Object Presence Control flag set and there is no budget for the account and object code
- NON_FR_ACCT – routes if the account used on the document does not accept Fringe Benefits
- TRAN_ECXD_REM_BDG – routes if the account used on the document has its Object Presence Control flag set and the amount on the accounting line is greater than the remaining budget for the account and object code
- The remaining codes are combinations of the above.
The next set of fields identify who will receive the request.
- If an individual should receive the request - enter or lookup and return a Principal Name
- If a group should receive the request - select the Group Namespace and enter or lookup and return a Group Name.
- If a role should receive the request - select the Namespace and enter or lookup and return a Role Name.
The following fields provide information about what is required of the person, group or role that receives the request:
- Action Type Code: The workflow action request that will be generated. Choices include:
- Priority Number: An optional field where you can enter a priority number between 1 and 11. If multiple action requests are created for this chart, organization and document type, requests with lower priorities are created before those with higher priorities.
- Action Policy Code: The Action Policy Code is only applicable when a document routes to a group or a role with multiple members. Action Policy Code does not apply when the assignee is a person, even if the same organization and document type, priority, etc. are the same, all persons will be required to take action.
- If set to FIRST, the first member of the group or role to take action satisfies the request. The other members do not need to take action.
- If set to ALL, then all members of the group or role must take action.
- Force Action: Check the box to indicate that the assignee must take the action for this request even if the user has already previously taken action on this document. Leaving the box unchecked allows a request to be immediately fulfilled if the assignee has previously taken action on this specific document.
- Active From and To Dates: Optional fields that can be used to control when this request is active.
The Organization Review document can also be used to establish a delegate for a current member of the Organization Reviewer or Organization Accounting Reviewer role. Delegates inherit all responsibilities of the role member they are associated with.
To create a delegate:
- Use the Organization Review lookup to find the member you want to create a delegate for.
- Click the create delegation link.
The system creates a new Organization Review document that copies all the fields in the Organization Review tab from the selected member role and renders them un-editable.
All values on the Assignee / Delegation tab are also copied. Complete the editable fields to specify conditions for the delegate. Editable fields are described above. Items to note when creating a delegate:
- The values for the From Amount and To Amount must fall within the range established for the role member whose responsibility is being delegated.
- Delegation Type Code is required and specifies the type of delegation. Valid values are:
- Primary - the request will route to the delegate, but can be accessed by the delegator.
- Secondary - the request will route to the delegator, but can be accessed by the delegate.
Click here for more information on Delegations.